View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 09:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JW123

He says he will get help!

Well after not hearing from him for two days (he is travelling and attending several business Christmas functions this week) I got a text message today to say that he have spoken to his sponsor and had decided to get help. I responded that that was great and then told him I am now in al-anon. I said it is his fight to fight and that I pray for his strength to take it a day at a time and embrace recovery.

Ok - so straight away my hopes went up. Then I thought - what if he is lying, so many threads here say they do. So I called his sponsor who confirmed that he has reached out and that they will start working together on this tomorrow when he is home and will get him back into AA.

So tonight i thought i would phone him to chat and got a text back that he was out but will call me tomorrow morning.

Part of me is scared....scared of what is around the corner. I love this man (heaven help me) and want the best for him. I just wish he were more attentive. I have made appointments with my therapist again to talk things through and I am so thankful for this site.

I wonder WHY it is so hard to leave these men - is it any harder than leaving other boyfriend??????