Old 12-04-2010, 07:50 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
YouAreNumberOne

Hi Guys

I'm also hoping your brother is okay, irish1981.

Well, as I mentioned in the "Class of November 2010" group, I'm graduating today - 14 days, and I'm singing

Happy Christmas (War is Over) John Lennon
So this is Christmas and what have you done
Another year over and a new one just begun
Ans so this is Christmas I hope you have fun
The near and the dear one the old and the young
War is over over 'CAUSE IM SOBER
War is over

It's just a nice reinforcement! And I bet some of you will hear this song played over christmas and say ""Because I'm Sober"!!! (replace "if you want it"). It's symbolic I guess - there is a youtube that shows a guy spending 5 minutes putting all his wine glasses in the trash /bin. Symbolic and a statement.

I'll keep posting here to keep the morale and spirits up! As coop1 says "keep stacking up the days"!

Cedar608 - I hope it went well with your doctor's visit yesterday. I've just finished reading "High on Arrival" by Mackenzie Phillips (daughter of John Phillips of the Mamas and Papas). She was on massive amounts of pain killers but when she finally came off them, there was no pain (and she was on crutches for a while before coming off). This may be totally irrelevant but just thought I pass it on.

Kernie, is that a new avatar you have there, something to do with horses?

Off to get photos now for the graduation. Hair, tick, uniform, tick, sparkling mineral water and fresh lime, tick, smile, tick.

Rosco.

Life=Fun; Alcohol=Devastation.