Old 12-03-2010, 02:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
sass85

Wow you're all so wise and warm with your words! I'm so glad I found this place.

Sofacat - I have no idea what I'd do if it was confirmed she's still drinking. Her family (brothers, mother) have been amazing with her. My dad still wants her to get well, despite them now separating. There are so many times I've thought about giving up and just leaving her to live her life, but she seems to think we're "so alike" (which is a terrifying thought) and kinda makes me think I'm the only child that cares, especially now that my sister has cut all communication. Surely if she overcame it once before, when I was 10, and stayed sober for so long then she can do it again?

I love her, I really do, but god there are times I just want to walk away. Which is so sad because before all this, when she was sober for 14 years, I was so proud to call her my mother. My friends were jealous of our relationship. Our family was happy and healthy. I don't understand where it all went so wrong. Oh God, now I'm going to start crying again lol so sick of crying!

I'm hoping to do some reading this weekend but am about to head into work. Thank God for work - I've thrown myself into it the last almost 2 years! Sorry for rambling again, once I get going it's hard to stop sometimes