View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 10:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Phoenixthebird
Rising from the Ashes

Roisin, I have found it useful to be able to narrow down what was going on with my relationship with my DDH. Sometimes I had thought he was deliberately trying to drive me crazy!

Blindness runs in my family of origin. I have had one aunt, my father's sister, that was considered legally blind. Her blindness sounds very similar to your type of blindness. She was able to see, but as I understand it, everything seemed rather grey to her, and I think she might have had the same "tunnel vision" that you describe. When she needed to see something up close, like letters, she would use an instrument, something like a microscope.

I'm not familiar with the term "Smarties tube" so I did an internet search to try to find out its definition. However, I did find a site that might be helpful to you. The link below takes you to a site owned by Dr. Jack Tadrous where he provides blind deconvolution and other software for image processing. It performs a sophisticated type of image sharpening using information in the image which is not quite in focus. It is available free of charge for non-commercial use.

Bialith Image Processing

My best friend, my neighbor across my street, has a son with autistism. There are so many levels of autistism. What level of autistism does your daughter function at? No matter what level she is able to function at, your AH and her father, has no right to speak to her the way you described. You and her are children of God!

With God on our side who can be against us? Nothing can come between us and the love of Christ, even if we are troubled or worried, or being persecuted, or lacking food or clothes, or being threatened or even attacked. These are the trials through which we triumph by the power of him who loved us (Rom 8:31-37)

The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you!

Serenity is not freedom from the storm but peace amid the storm!