View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 08:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

Thanks NYCDog... that quote helped me today...
mmm I had a boyfriend like that and as sad and painful as it was for me I had to leave. I was not second to alcohol. Alcohol is the only thing for him and I was just someone to drink with. Very very hard for me to realize that.

That was two years ago. He is still drinking. When we broke up he got someone else right away. She is also a heavy drinker. I recall when we took her home one night and she was going to keep drinking at her home. Alkies do not go out with people, they take hostages. If I had stayed I would have other 2 years of trying to change him, listening his insults and drunken rants, I would have not made a damn difference and just have suffered for a problem that is not even mine.

Your boyfriend already has a mom and you are not his mom. Perhaps losing you wakes him up. Perhaps it doesn't matter, as it happened to me. But there will be something precious to gain either way, your sanity, your sleep, peace, a real chance for love and so much more. It is a very painful place but for many of us life has been easier and better without an addict in our lives. Trust your gut. See the actions, mute the move and just see what he is doing. That is the truth. And please don't drive with him while he is drunk.

Can't change him
Can't control him
Can't cure him