View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 07:58 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
MsCooterBrown

Hey Mr. Cree...I am here to raise my hand..I am an all or nothing woman! I was drinking pretty much daily before I got sick of it. Always one of the last to leave parties or the bar..I read so many posts that I am not sure who said it.. Somebody was thinking they didn't have a drinking problem because they 'sobered up' during the day. I used to think that. It is quite absurd but I spose you tell yourself anything to justify being drunk. Held down a d@mn good job (still have it) but I was either drunk..or hungover. I never knew what clear thinking was. I guess I always thought I could handle it because I had my resistance built up so high it took mass quantities for me to get to my buzz level of choice. In the morning I would have to drink mass quanities of water..must have been dehydrated beyond belief! Sometimes..that would make me feel drunk all over again. It is the same old story...drink ..be hungover..then drink again to feel better. I got off the merry go round. Once I got it in my head that I was all or nothing..I chose nothing. Never felt better. I wondered if maybe it wasn't just an addictive personality. But looking back..I was in BAD shape Mister. So happy to have found this forum. I don't care what you call it either..Not sure if it is being in recovery but I do know I finally feel like I woke up.