Thread: what do i do
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 03:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Isaiah
Dismember

Hey Juans,

Welcome to the club of people who have lost a lot.

Where to go? There are a lot of places you can go but I would advise one purpose in mind. It's a simple idea but not so easy to execute, you have to get sober. Fixing your family, your career, all of that wont mean a thing in the world unless you can get past that thing in your life that kept wrecking things for you, the alcohol.

People go to AA, they hang out regularly at SR, they go to addiction counseling, or they find a book to guide them through an independent quit. You have to do something, something more than just say you're going to quit. You have to put effort into some sort of program, plan or means to remain sober.

As for your family. No one can make any promises that sobriety will fix problems that have come up. I wish I could tell you that getting sober will bring your family back to you, but that's not certain. However, if you want to make repairs to your life then sobriety is necessary before any changes are going to happen. Fix yourself, with patience and self-love, and good things will follow.