View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 07:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
jamdls

Hi Joe, I don't consider myself an alcoholic and based on 3 professional opionions/assessments I'm not an alcoholic. But did I drink too much, yes; was I on the road to alcoholism? possibly very likely yes; could I moderate my drinking, yes at times. Alcohol did not control my life, I never had any legal or job problems due to alcohol; I did not drink every day I rarely if ever drank 2 days in a row due to the severe hangovers, I never had a craving before nor since I quit. But alcohol did cause problems for me, when I drank I usually drank until I blacked out, and I did things I regretted. My final drunk led me to overdose on sleeping pills and prescription pain killers which caused damage to my liver, I was advised that I should either stop drinking or just drink moderately. I chose to stop drinking, I believe I could drink moderately but I have absolutely no need nor desire to do so. I went to a few AA meetings but did not relate to the majority of the shares and when I spoke, people would look at me rather questioning because I guess they didn't relate to me. On SR I have found all sorts of people with different levels of alcohol problems and that's why I keep coming back.