View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 09:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JayneCali

new here, "boyfriend" in detox...long

I have been seeing this guy since June. Its been pretty casual, as we are both recently divorced and not sure what we are ready for. We got along great, spent about 4 nights a week together, and really talked about everything...or so I thought! I knew he had some drug issues and didn't really drink. He even went to AA for awhile in September and tried to be sober.

I am not sober. I drink occassionally and we even did coke together 2 times in the last 6 months. His issue has always been pills, but since we werent "really" dating and I dont know much about addiction I didn't really push it. He would give me a xanax or another pill when I was super stressed and couldnt sleep.

Fast forward to thanksgiving day. We spent the day together, went to a movie. I wanted to leave in the evening, kinda wanted to be with a group of friends and have a glass of wine and some pumpkin pie. He was acting wierd and didnt want to be alone. So I stayed. This is where it turns to the worse thanksgiving ever. He had a seizure on me. I thought he was dead. Called the ambulance, went to the hospital. Thought he might have taken something, but wasnt sure.

He has no real family or friends other than a cousin, after about 3 hours at the hospital. His cousin came in told him he didnt want him to die and told him to get into rehab. I was a little surprised. I knew he had some issues, but they never seemed out of control (you know, before the whole, him almost dying on me...) I left to let them figure it out.

He called me a few hours later, said he was checking into a detox. that he was thankful i was there that i saved his life. he apologized for lying and treating me bad and understood if i didnt want to talk to him anymore. I told him this was all about him getting better who knew where we would be but that i was there for him and proud of him.

This rehab he is in, he can call me everyday, and i can call there. he keeps calling telling me how much he misses me. He was taking Norco, about 10 a day, and is now on suboxen (???) He says its good and he feels better, but has alot of work to do. He is hoping htey dont take his license away from the seizure so he can do an outpatient program.

I am going to see him today. my friends say i should run. i just feel bad, i care about him and he has no family. am i just being codependent?