View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 10:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Hi Joe

I can't say I've seen people 'labelling' you - I've seen people offering their opinions on the basis of the things you've posted - but I accept those kinds of things are often in the eye of the beholder, Joe.

There are all kinds of drinkers and addicts here - I was an end stage drinker, but I'm sure you'll find more similarities than differences in everyone's stories, no matter what the details. That has been my experience after nearly 4 years here.

I spent a lot of time looking for someone just like me - disabled, with a dysfunctional family, university education, and a musician/artist type. I thought only someone like me could 'get' me. I never found that person - and I was wrong - I found a lot of people who did understand, even tho their stories or their personal details were a little different.

Like I said in the beginning to you, when you first arrived - I think people can get lost in definitions - if your drinking was causing you problems, it's good you're here doing something about it, no matter what you call it.

D