Thread: still here
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 10:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Cool

Hey chicory ---

There were a couple of things that just jumped out at me from your OP. These were................:

1) You wrote, "...i read the other day, that codependency is not curable. is that true?..."

2) There semed to be an overall negative feeling to your post; a kinda hopelessnessc, etc...?...... )o:

We;;...............as to......:

1) Perhaps they were speaking as AAers and NAers do....there might be no cure for alcoholism/addiction, but there is recovery (kinda like, I can 'recover' from a broken leg, but that does not mean I can't break that leg again (but I sure do hope I don't.....LOLOL).

2) This one, in my experience, can be a little tricky, but I love what Unity Church says about one of their principles (rules). That would be their Third Principle...: God opperates in the universe according to the law of mind action.

Simply stated The Law of Mind Action could be written as.....: Thoughts held in mind, produce after their kind...or expressed in a variety of ways.....:

A) As a man thinks in his heart, so is he;
B) As you sow, so shall you reap or as you give so shall you receive; or today we might say
C) What goes around comes around.

In my early recovery, I, at times had a very negative (give-up) attitude. I kept looking but I felt like I was standing still.....my recovery goals seemed so far away(no closer than when I had started on this recovery journey.....

At the time, I was very fortunate to have a very practical, logical sponsor. When I got into my little 'snits' she would sit me down and tell me, "Noelle, do shut-up for a minute (kindly stated of course). Stop squinting at how far away your goals seem to be. Do a 180, turn around and see how far you've come.....!!!!!"

So, as my sponsor might say, "OK, Chicory; you go girl....!!! You've come a long way baby.....!!!!!!!"

So, from me also, you've come a long way, Chicory. ...and in case you don't believe me, just go back over some of your earlier posts.........'n keep on truckin'

(o:
NoelleR