View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 01:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mambo Queen

Yes, these are good questions. And part of the reason for the prematurity of the question on my part is that we have to sign our contracts for the next school year in about March or April, and my bf currently works for the schools out here too, so I can see this being an issue in a few months, whether or not we both sign our contracts for the upcoming school year.

I have been wanting to make a career move for a while, and would not be opposed to being more free to explore a new career. In other words, I wouldn't be heartbroken if I couldn't be a teacher in new town, and would instead have to explore other career paths, because I feel like if I stay in old town, I will never really have the impetus to change. As far as "putting a ring on it" goes...I'm not 100% sure I even want to be married again, but I will say that A. new BF is awesome with my daughter and B. I would never move out of state with someone unless I felt that we were a secure family unit, and that's what that move would mean. My bf and I have attended therapy together, and do have pretty good communication skills, so I do feel secure in knowing that if and when this situation came up, it would be because we both wanted to take our relationship to the next level of commitment. It's just for me, right now, I kind of want to know if moving out of state is something I can even reasonably say I would be willing or able to do. Because if it isn't, I think I need to be more proactive in determining if this is a deal-breaker for bf.