View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 09:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Stevie1

Thanks all - Zebra, I've had a whole lot of "first sober nights" too, which isn't actually very encouraging! But what to do but persevere, I guess.

Least, I've walked my dogs in the wee hours many times...I have three plus a foster dog here, I swear my dogs are the only reason I get up in the morning sometimes...

The bath was great, I'm really tired but still feel like I am jumping out of my skin and now I'm eating celery sticks dipped in peanut butter. I'm pretty skinny but that won't last if I don't keep stuffing food in my face.

Today a friend who I've been ignoring (I've been ignoring most people in my life for the last couple of weeks) sent her husband and son by here to see if I was OK, about 4 pm. Good thing I wasn't drunk, at least I was sober....he told me they'd stopped by two nights ago at 8 pm and I was clearly home, but apparently passed out drunk and even the dogs barking didn't wake my drunken ass. I made some dumb excuse like I must have been in the shower but he probably saw right through that one.