Old 11-23-2010, 02:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tandem545

My sister is trying to cut me off from my parents

I visit my parents about once every two weeks for lunch or dinner and to catch up. My sister lives with them (it's our old family house). She's the one I posted about earlier who is unemployed, into cocaine and is currently pregnant with her abusive druggie boyfriend's baby (and is trying to keep it a secret from everyone besides my mom). So I went over for lunch today to catch up with my mom since she invited me. I was there for about an hour when my sister comes out of her room and calls to my mom to go upstairs to go talk to her. It was my dad's birthday last week and I decided to leave his birthday card in his room since he was at work and I hadn't seen him yet. I caught the tail end of my mom and sister's conversation which was basically her telling my mom she wanted me to leave and would be pissed if I stayed around the house all afternoon. My mom was basically reassuring her that I was indeed leaving soon since she was going to work anyway. So I got upset and called her out. My mom told me not to take it personally and tried to spin it like my sister was intimidated by me and "the changes going on in her body". So I asked point blank, is she pregnant. My mom was like, "I don't even know what to say, but don't ask her that." So basically she is and no one is allowed to talk about it.

So I'm pissed that my sister thinks she has the right to tell my parents to tell me when and for how long I can visit when it's not her house and she's living there for free. And I'm pissed at my mom for not telling my sister she has no right to tell me when I can visit and for how long I can stay over for. It isn't my fault that she got pregnant so why should I have to be limited on when I can come over just because she's embarrassed and doesn't want anyone to know? Those were the consequences of your behavior, now deal with it. The world doesn't revolve around you.

So now I'm debating whether or not to go home for Thanksgiving. I spent the majority of the car ride back to my place crying about this. She is such a manipulative person and my mom just goes along with it. I'm sure my sister doesn't want me over for Thanksgiving. I would feel a bit unwelcome. Ugh. I don't want the drama, but I also would like to see my parents. And I wish they would stop taking all of her crap too. Who the hell made her in charge?