Old 11-23-2010, 01:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
MattM316
Matt M

Originally Posted by viavai View Post
Matt,

Yes, seizures are VERY serious: You could die. It's smart of you to stop this insanity cold in its tracks now (before it's too late). You will get loads of support here (so keep reading and posting),

Yes, going out with friends is going to be tough, and you may decide that for the time being you can't go out at all. Err on the side of caution, and stay away from pubs or any place where drinking is going to be the central focus. You are still too vulnerable at this stage to tempt fate. There's always a way to gracefully decline an invitation if you don't feel like divulging what's really going on right now; honestly, people don't really care, as they are more wrapped up in their own lives.

Yeah I read alot about alcohol withdrawal a while ago. I think it was about a year and a half ago and I decided I wasn't going to drink for 3 months. My girlfriend at the time and others said they bet I couldn't do it, so I was determined.
But then I read alot about how going cold turkey was very dangerous. Unfortunately when I explained this to people they said I was a *****, they knew I wouldn't be able to do it and that it was probably a load of rubbish.
Now I think they know how wrong they were!

I think I could have been a lucky boy here because I had three seizures in one day and that was the 24th October. Since then nothing, so it was lucky I got into hospital and got looked after for a couple of weeks.
Now i'm interested in hearing what the alcohol nurse says on Tuesday and where I go from there.