View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 02:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
blackouter

Originally Posted by LaFemme View Post
I agree with Chris that seeing a Dr is a good idea but I read your post that you are a month sober so yousgouldnt need a Dr for withdrawal...more to check other health things...make sure you are good.

I didn't mean to suggest in any way that I didn't think getting sober was a brilliant idea...I just thought for a first blackout your experience sounded extreme...plus the way you acted...when I blacked out it was more of a fade and then go to sleep.
Yeah, totally true. It was highly out of character for me. I don't usually black out or get hysterical like that. So I may have been drugged. I did think that the next week after.

I don't think I really "detoxed". As I didn't drink that often, it wasn't really that hard to not drink. I don't have a physical dependency or anything. And it isn't hard to stay away from it now either. It's more of a "when I do drink, I often drink too much." So I should just not even start.
Stupid thing is that I didn't even really feel like going out that night at all... I was already thinking of quitting altogether, because it doesn't even really fit in with my lifestyle to drink a lot. I'm very active, do a lot of sports and eat very healthy. I had promised I would though and that's why I went. So silly.

Going for a general medical check-up on Wednesday, but I don't expect any problems.