Thread: Quitting
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 07:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
LaFemme

Hi Jupiter and welcome! There is a section here for people in their first two weeks...i can't link from my phone but its the section directly below this one. There you will find people at the same stage as you...I found it very helpful the fiyst few weeks and continue to 'hang kit's with the friends I made there. There are many ways to get sober...the most important constant seems to have a plan and be aware that quitting drinking is just the tip of the iceberg so to speak ...have you given any thoughts to a plan other than taking the time off and studying?

For me sobriety is a life long journey...I don't believe that one day all my questions will be answered and all my problems will be solved. The program I follow involves self help books, working with a life coach, taking care of myself physically mentally and emotiinally, meditation, SR and my dogs:-) every day gets better and better....sure things happen but they don't seem as insurmountable now that I am sober...even contemplating doing the hardest thing in my life now seems possible though I am not there yet. I hope that helps:-)

LaFemme