Old 11-20-2010, 07:55 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
mercurial me

Originally Posted by BullDog777 View Post
I know this wasn't directed to me, but....Good Lord, man....nobody is suggesting that at all!!! If there is anyone that needs this place it's you. Please do not leave.

on a different subject.....mercurial...I feel bad about what i wrote yesterday

if i came across harsh yesterday, i need to apologize. to be honest with you, it's been almost a year since i've struggled with this and sometimes it gets hard to imagine how hard it is to walk away from this mess. Sometimes, pain removed gets hard to remember. So again...i'm sorry.

i also don't attend AA, so i haven't "seen" someone struggle from this as hard as you have in a long time. So, like i said, i'm really sorry if i sounded like i didn't care....it's quite the opposite. i care alot.

it really makes me sad to keep seeing you struggle after the year i've had. sobriety is amazing once you send the demons packing. i really wished you could get a long term taste of what life can be like without that monkey on your back.

i think we share alot of the same facts. we're in our late 30's. we drank very hard, much of the same way, and we did our fair share of damage to our body and still....in the midst of all that, we have a decent life outside of the disease.

I guess that's why i get so frustrated. i see a guy who is alot like me and is struggling so much and i feel like i'm not helping you.. it's an incredibly helpless feeling.

Still, i have to do a better job in trying to convey my message. so again... mercurial, i'm sorry if i sounded uncaring yesterday. i care alot. please know that.

here's a big bro hug.

Bulldog.
No worries about your original post coming across a bit raw. I know that a lot of members here are blunt with their comments so what they say can make a deeper impact. Your heart is totally in the right place and your post made my day. I'm actually only 32 but I've been an alcoholic for the past x14 years. I have had a taste of sobriety here & there along those 14 years. It was great. My g/f was elated to see a young man not constantly controlled & driven by booze. I had a lot more confidence as I wasn't paranoid about who saw me walking into the liquor store, what my bloodtest results or liver biopsy results would be, or what my co-workers thought about me. On day x2 today and don't for a second think that your post & concern isn't making a difference. It's been a while since I received a hug from someone who was concerned about my drinking habits. Thanx