Old 11-20-2010, 04:38 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
BullDog777

Originally Posted by mercurial me View Post
Do let me know if I've worn out my welcome on here Carol. I'll leave without a fuss
I know this wasn't directed to me, but....Good Lord, man....nobody is suggesting that at all!!! If there is anyone that needs this place it's you. Please do not leave.

on a different subject.....mercurial...I feel bad about what i wrote yesterday

if i came across harsh yesterday, i need to apologize. to be honest with you, it's been almost a year since i've struggled with this and sometimes it gets hard to imagine how hard it is to walk away from this mess. Sometimes, pain removed gets hard to remember. So again...i'm sorry.

i also don't attend AA, so i haven't "seen" someone struggle from this as hard as you have in a long time. So, like i said, i'm really sorry if i sounded like i didn't care....it's quite the opposite. i care alot.

it really makes me sad to keep seeing you struggle after the year i've had. sobriety is amazing once you send the demons packing. i really wished you could get a long term taste of what life can be like without that monkey on your back.

i think we share alot of the same facts. we're in our late 30's. we drank very hard, much of the same way, and we did our fair share of damage to our body and still....in the midst of all that, we have a decent life outside of the disease.

I guess that's why i get so frustrated. i see a guy who is alot like me and is struggling so much and i feel like i'm not helping you.. it's an incredibly helpless feeling.

Still, i have to do a better job in trying to convey my message. so again... mercurial, i'm sorry if i sounded uncaring yesterday. i care alot. please know that.

here's a big bro hug.

Bulldog.