View Single Post
Old 07-20-2004, 05:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
jessieandme2003

you are doing great

Many of us have been there and know the incredible strength you are showing just getting through this moment. Then the next. You can tell yourself you are making it one moment at a time. Or one hour. The key is that you are making it.

Do any combination of the things suggested here, or none of them. Whatever gets you through that next moment, that next hour. Slowly, very slowly, you will start to function again. At your own pace.

One thing that I found did help hugely was to avoid being alone too much. That is when I was weakest, when I wanted to call him, so I avoided it. I made a ton of plans just to be around other people. Sometimes I warned them I'd be lousy company, other times I didn't, and I just hoped they'd forgive me later for just taking up space and being a zombie. They did, of course.

Being around others made me not call him, not start imagining how much better I'd feel if he were back. It made me see me and my life through their eyes, those who never wanted me to call him back. Those who saw I needed to do this. If you don't have those people to be around, keep talking here.

Good luck, stay strong, be proud of yourself and try to enjoy something you couldn't when he was there. For me I noticed I enjoyed having control of the remote control and I watched lots of things he never would have agreed to if he were sitting there.

Read read read this stuff here to remind yourself of why you are doing this. Of the life you want versus the life you'd have.

I am thinking of you.