Thread: My mother...
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 10:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

Three Suggestions

One, calling you at work is a way he is controlling and manipulating you-- do not allow it. I suggest telling him to stop and that if he calls you at work you will simply hang up (and then actually do it because he will test you on your resolve). He can take it personally or not, but you'll still hang up. AW never calls me at work unless it is absolutely required. I appreciate that.

Also, while many programs believe any kind of drug including anti-depressants are inappropriate relative to recovery, that is not true of all of them. For people who suffer from depression and alcoholism and believe they need to be treated medically and in a recovery program, this exists-http://www.draonline.org- I'm sharing it with you and you may choose to share it with him if you wish.

Two, let go of your mother. She has clearly told you she can't or won't change for you or support you in this so stop asking or expecting. You're just hurting yourself with this. It isn't helping in any way.

Three, Al-Anon, Al-Anon, Al-Anon.

Take care,

Cyranoak

P.s. Al-Anon, Al-Anon, Al-Anon.

P.p.s. IN my view if he isn't actively seeking a recovery program on his own beyond the pills, nothing is going to change. Nothing.