View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 08:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

Another source of anxiety......hold on to your hats.

My ex-husband (the biological father of my son) called me yesterday at work. I haven't spoken to him in years.......many many years. We talked about our son and he wanted to thank me for helping get our son into rehab. I stayed very calm and serene through the conversation. So that was good. But he began to describe some of the situations he had been in WITH MY SON over the last few years when my son was drugged out of his gourd. Including one incident that he described my son falling and getting knocked out because his head hit the alsphalt, coming to, and then being so beligerent that some guy threatened to bash his head in with a baseball bat. The mental images that these situations created in my head were really bad......and all I could think was.......and you were there with your son......getting high......getting drunk......REALLY?

I'm not sure how I stayed calm through that conversation.....I did it for me. But that's when my anxiety really kicked in......after that call. But I have other stresses.....running a business through a crappy economy (that just doesn't seem to be getting any better), dealing with employees who don't seem to appreciate the hoops (and $$$) I'm going through to keep them employed, yellowbook reps (who have always stressed me out because they can often be so unscrupulous) and customers (dealing with the general public can be a challenge.....perhaps because there are a bunch of them with problems of their own;-).

Well.......now.......don't I feel better now that I've thrown up all over everyone.