View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 03:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
goldengirl3

Drinking around Children

This might sound dumb to some of you - but I did not grow up in a family nor around little children.

My opinion of drinking around children was however, the times I was around someone who was drunk, I was uncomfortable. So drinking around children is something I had decided I would not do.

I recently left my ABF for good. One of our issues that we couldn't agree on was about his friends, a married couple who had a two-year-old and one on the way. They wanted to continue to get drunk - I mean plastered entire bottle drinking drunk - every weekend. The pregnant wife wasn't getting drunk but she was drinking wine everyday, claiming her doctor said it's okay. (of course there's lots of conflicting articles out there about that.) I had said that I didn't want to be around all of that, nor did I want to be drinking around their little girl and the one on the way when it arrived.

My ex insisted that he didn't care and was going to continue. Obviously the married couple thinks it's okay.

How does everyone else feel about that? Maybe some people don't think that's a big deal. But I felt like this could be contributing to their little's girl future - maybe she would be an alcoholic or marry one when she grew up, and I didn't want to be a part of that.