View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 05:44 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
FGB

Thanks everyone for your replies. I appreciate them, and you, so much. So he called me at work today, and asked if I'd pick up a carton of cigs for him. I said I had to check my cash, didn't know if I enough (Of course I did, but didn't want to admit that right away.) He said he'd call me at 6 at home.
So I thought about it, and decided he didn't just get a carton for nothing, that he'd have to walk the dog (only if he was sober) and carry some stuff up from my car (litter is like 30 pounds and I have 2 of them, plus 20 # of dog food)., so it's 7:30 now, and haven't heard from him. I've been up since 0330, and I'm tired and going to go sleep soon My question is, can I give him a pack or two (not the whole carton) for helping me, not giving it to him for nothing? Or is that still enabling? Making him work for every little thing I do for him. Somehow it feels controlling, or something. I need your advice Yes, it feels like I get something back for it, but it still doesn't feel right to me. Any opinions appreciated, so very much.

Thanks,
FGB