View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 05:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
jackthedog

Absolutely, my friend did understand my point of view after we talked. She has two younger girls and didn't really see why I think the way I do with a 13 year old son to raise and be there for. Detachment is key. I tend to worry about what other people think of me and I am getting better at it, just human and I took a step backwards. The problem is I think I tend to agree with him, for some reason because I don't do alot with friends except for attending soccer games with one, the other close friend I have is a bartender at an event hall in our town (she doesn't drink) so she works weekends in the evenings but we go to movies, the bookstore, etc. together when we can. My other friend I hung out with more before the separation because both my AH and me would go to dinner with them, hang at their house while our boys and their younger children hung out too. I know I will feel like getting out and doing more as I heal too. I do have times when I think of how I can now go to hot yoga with my friend on Friday evenings when my son is at his dad's house, or maybe start taking dancing lessons, go to the Y to work out, etc. I am just dealing with so much right now, I am surprised at how much I get done at home and how much I am staying on top of my school work, then I either read books on Alcoholism, how to deal with it and my son and escape by watching mindless tv. Sounds normal for me right now. The depression that I now have because of his alcoholism and bullying only adds to the fact that I don't have energy either. So thanks for helping me see clearer once again....