View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 05:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
naive

hi jack the dog-

yeah, mine was the same. could drink amazing amounts and not even seem drunk. whatever.

i do understand your need to get the facts and snap yourself out of denial. i did that too. perhaps it is a stage in our recovery. looking back at it now, tho, it kept me trapped for longer, as my focus was on him once again.

i agree with tc, it is so much nicer putting the focus back on myself and what you want to learn or experience. i doubt alcoholsm would be your study of choice!

the reality is whether is an alcoholic or not, his drinking is a problem for you and within your relationship. that's really enough, no? maybe he's not an alcoholic. really, does it matter? his drinking is causing problems FOR YOU.

why not consider what you are actually interested in studying and learning that? like tc said, we are both learning about juicing for health. we're really excited and enthusiastic about it...and that is such a nice change from learning every scientific fact about alcohol...it puts the focus back on us and our lives...

naive