View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 06:21 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
Thanks BethYes, I think I have that paper but in the form of a magnet. It is a large magnet with 30 different faces on it ranging from "Exhausted" to "Overwhelmed" to "Shocked." It has a square magnetic picture frame that says "Today I Feel" on it and you're supposed to go through the list and put the picture frame around the face that has the feeling you feel. I like to think I have the full range of emotions on there. But sometimes I am convinced I only have two: Happy and Sad.
I need one of those "Today I Fee" magnet-things. I think I've been stuck on numb, anxious, ecstatic (maybe more like manic) and devastated (is that a feeling?), this year. I seem to be either idling in numb or full speed ahead in one of the other three. Maybe "Exhausted", too. (At the same time, I read through posts on SR and I get completely tied up in how the other posters are feeling, does that make sense - being stuck in 4 emotions and caught up in how others are feeling?....)

I completely need to get in touch with my own full range of emotions. And I would settle for a nice even keel, not flat, not numb, but well... not manic and not devastated. I think I'm getting closer - most days I'm getting closer to that.