View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 03:28 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
smacked
Heathen

Well since I started this debacle apparently, I feel I should comment on the turn it took.

Honestly, I think what was somewhat offensive is that it was referred to as a "fun" thread, about "silly" things those darn drunks do that are absurd/funny/weird/crazy/scary/bizarre (etc).

I reacted to the "fun" and "silly" thing.. and I reacted to the 'lets all sit and talk about them' vibe. I don't apologize for that, I don't think I am oversensitive. Course that's my own opinion lol..

I'm a double (triple and quadruple) 'winner' here. I'm equally as grumbly when I see threads in the alcoholism or drug addiction pages referencing "whats some crazy stuff you did when you were drunk/high". Imagine a thread over "there", asking for fun suggestions and tales about how they (we) deceived, ruined, tortured, toyed with, cheated on and emotionally raped their counterpart enablers/codependents. Those silly things they (we) do. Silly silly. I get it, I do..I promise. I get all sides of this crazy train.

I guess my kvetch is, post a fun and silly thread about what you're doing for the Holidays to celebrate yourselves. Post a fun and silly thread about movies you enjoy. Don't stick a drunk in a cage and invite your friends around to poke 'em with a stick and call it healing, therapeutic, fun.. or light in humor. Who's that healthy for? That's all I'm sayin'.