View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 09:27 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

I agree naive and DeVon. Thank you both for posting because I could not quite put my finger on why I was avoiding this thread ... your sharing helped me to see why.

Every one of the tantrums I have thrown, whether they were as a result of my own alcoholism, or from growing up in an alcoholic family, or from continuing to surround myself with other sick people, or from what doctors tell me are mental and cognitive illnesses, could likely be laughed at on any given day by the many people who have witnessed them. But there is nothing funny about any of it. I don't appreciate people, especially here on SR, making fun of this.

If you are frustrated or hurt or otherwise affected by your loved one throwing a temper tantrum then by all means, please share and post about what you are going through and what you might need to do to cope with it. But why do you need to poke fun at people for this? I do not know what is going on here at SR lately but there seems to be a lot of this type of thing on this board lately and it's making me uneasy.