View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 09:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
Do you think he is capable of making some sound decisions in regards to post-rehab living circumstances, along with the guidance of counselors there at rehab?
If they guide him and help him explore and understand those choices, I am hopeful that he can make sound decisions.

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
Is your anxiousness from fear of relapse, that he won't stay clean/sober? Is your anxiousness stemming from thinking he may assume he can come home when that hasn't been discussed yet?
No. My anxiousness is not specifically fear of relapse because that can happen no matter where he is--his recovery belongs to him--not to me. That is an issue I have absolutely no control of. I think you nailed it that I'm concerned that he is assuming that he can come home, which would be ok as a temporary stop gap measure but not as a permanent or long term solution. Sounds like perhaps......we just need to talk to him. And because of past experience......just the thought of talking to him causes me anxiety!

I'm glad to hear that your counselors talked with you about this issue. And I guess I am feeling anxious because that's what a co-dependent does....lol.

I've heard it said many times on here that the addicts early recovery challenges the recovery of the co-dependent. I need to ensure that I am well grounded in my own recovery and trust my higher power to guide me.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me. Believe it or not, it did relieve some of my anxiety just reading about how you dealt with it.

gentle hugs