View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 08:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Do you think he is capable of making some sound decisions in regards to post-rehab living circumstances, along with the guidance of counselors there at rehab?

Is your anxiousness from fear of relapse, that he won't stay clean/sober? Is your anxiousness stemming from thinking he may assume he can come home when that hasn't been discussed yet? I can't answer that for you.

My counselor from rehab and I started looking at my options about a week before I was due to be discharged.

There were no SLE's within the area for a single mother.

Going back home to my then AH who was violent, psychotic, and still using/drinking also wasn't an option.

My parents' home was absolutely out of the question. They had chosen no recovery for themselves, and were still in denial that I was one of 'those people.'

I was incredibly blessed in that my counselor and her husband offered me a place to stay with them until I could get on my feet and get a place of my own.

Things just fell into place after that.

I landed a full-time job as a CNA one week out of rehab. A month later my counselor and her hubby found a rental they liked better.

We all went to talk to their current landlord to see if he would continue to rent to me and my daughter.

He did.

I had a wonderful support system already in place locally before I was ever discharged. I had a sponsor before I was discharged.

The only role my parents played in any of this was they rented a U-Haul, and loaded up all my stuff in a few short hours while the AH was gone, and brought it down to me after my counselor and her hubby had moved. They were terrified to have me back at my old stomping grounds, and I was terrified of running into my AH.