View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 08:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
I guess I must have misunderstood at some point. I thought her AS had been living elsewhere on his own, and I also wasn't aware that their home was considered his home in regards to conversation at the rehab. Sorry!
Well.....I guess he was living elsewhere on his own......the city streets, the couches of other addicts, and his car (which is broken down right now so I guess it could be considered a "permanent" residence since it can't move but I doubt they will deliver mail there...lol).

Cece
I certainly don't think our house is a good option for him at all (or for us for that matter). But I think he may be considering that his only option since he has no job and that may be the discussion he is having in rehab with his counselors. I am hopeful that they are exploring other options with him. We want to be supportive of his recovery but do not want to enable him. At the same time, we don't want to leave him to think that living on the streets again is his only option. It's one of those fine lines I suppose. Just looking for the experience of others to help me figure out my own solution to dealing with the anxiety that this is causing me. (Trying very hard to let go here.....really.......I am).

Thank you for sharing your experience. It does help.

gentle hugs