Old 11-12-2010, 12:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kmber2010

Tmbg......I really can't say too much more as Dee described exactly what I feel on the subject.

I would not be here sober and happy and probably would be dead if I didn't completely focus on me and my recovery.

I never really get the hesitation to put recovery first. Maybe that is because I had made drinking my number one priority for years and hell I destroyed most things around me and most importantly me and who I was. At the end of my drinking I had no self-esteem, confidence, self-worth and my health was pretty bad off. I was non productive in life and I was extremely negative. I merely existed and quite frankly was just sucking up space. I was no good to myself or anyone around me. Dark days for me.

The years I drank took everything from me but through recovery I have gained so much more. Recovery has been only a blessing for me. I ook at all the great things that have happened in my life because I am sober, ask my spouse, family, etc. Hell, people who know me here see the change based on my posts. I have gotten stronger and that for me is what I needed. I am no longer that weak person anymore.

I guess I stopped thinking and started doing. Recovery must come first. I feel amazing about it....wish I found SR and done it sooner.