Old 11-12-2010, 12:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
tmbg

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

I don't recommend it but nearly dying has a surefire way of making your priorities crystal clear.

I had to work out why I didn't really want to look for other ways to deal with things....and take steps to remedy that.

D
Thank you for a major reply. I feel humbled (so much so that I didn't even feel confident about how to spell that tense of the word).

Still, as a seeker, I have to ask: was it the near-death experience that caused change/sobriety for you?--so many who post here are at that point or feeling that way. I see them come and go.

Me, I'm going first after many attempts to make-do for everyone else, although it's against my instincts and because it *is* the opposite of what I've been doing (did I say the opposite?)...and what I've been doing is obviously not helping. Kind of like Clint Eastwood, in the best way. I'm not quite sure who told me to do this, but it is a message. [correct me if I'm wrong...I'm sure the karma police will].

I suppose it's a shout-out to many who read here and are frustrated beyond *beyond belief* when they relapse and have nothing to believe in...and are told that they're going to have a "spiritual awakening" and get rather "let down."

Mind you, something's been brewing for me.