View Single Post
Old 07-19-2004, 04:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sproutie
Paused

Hi everyone!

Hope all of you are doing well.

kckman, you put a nice light on the situation for sure. It is all about accepting responsibility for our daiy choices. Just as making the decission of staying on the road or slamming the car into an overpass. As silly as that may seem, it is a choice in life.

Chy, no sweets yet. I am taking a vitamin to balance my blood surgar level. I hope it continues to help, I need no more weight gain between Sweetie and a six-pack everyday!! Thanks for your notes, they have helped tremendously.

Kimberly, I would like to do this thing together. It sounds like we are in the same kind of situation

Ann, I found a ladies AA meeting in my area and plan to attend my first meeting this week. I will let you know how it goes. I am thinking that might be the least intimidating way to enter the AA world. Thank you for you gentle and sweet words. It is interesting how others see us. Sometimes we forget the basics until s/o gives a reminder.

I will continue to try and get to know each person that is selflessly offering guidance and support. I only get a couple minutes a day on my PC. Life of a mommy.

UPDATE:

Today marks my 6th day of sobriety. I have been able to draw strength form your notes and stories, my husband and Sweetie. I have never felt better. We all know how much fun being prego is.... even though I did not get loaded everyday, I felt as wonderful as beached whale that is sleep deprived.

It has helped to start my day with an hour yoga practice and loads of water. Water, what the hell??? WOW, it makes you feel great and yearn for the good foods. We take walks everynight as a family and chat about our days. It has been a God send to find this board. I am certain everyone here feels this too. All of you gave me such clarity and drive to see my problem and make a change.

We went to a party over the weekend at a couples house that never drinks. We walk in and there are huge vats full of iced beer....my fav! I thought 'Come on, you have got to be kidding me'. We ended up staying for several hours and had a great time. I was in disbelief that I was not even the tiniest bit tempted. It is as though a switch was turned on inside of me.

I hope I continue to feel as driven as I do now for the rest of my journey. I want to log on this time next year and say 'I am on my 365th day of Sobriety and I feel great'. We can all dream...right?

Remember that there is no future at the bottom of a bottle.

Love all, Cinn.