View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 10:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
coyote21
Awakening

I am struggling with my usual procrastination today/yesterday/the day before that. I've decided I want to return to college rather than just get another truck driving job.

The last 2 I've been laid off after a few years just as I began to get ahead. Also, what used to be fairly good pay has steadily declined over the last few years.

Although I'm still on schedule to apply for this spring, which will set the stage for the program application for next fall, I'm dragging my feet as usual.

I seem to only be motivated into action when my situation gets "critical", or at the last possible minute.

I still don't know if my scheme is even doable until I talk to the financial aid dept tomorrow. I've been worrying, not much, but still. I could have put my worries to rest weeks ago by just fact gathering at the appropriate office, but have chosen not to, for what ever reason.

Even if I do qualify for financial aid, I would need to have my little headlight business to help supplement my income, and I haven't "hit a lick at a snake" for months to promote it, because my unemployment insurance is still good. Geeze, I've been stuck. I am a victim of my own lack of motivation. I have much self-reproach today.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote