View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 04:09 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
least
bona fido dog-lover

All of the external things are way better, but that's not really what I'm talking about. My life has a sense of purpose today. I can be useful to others. I am responsible to friends and family, to my employer. I'm not plagued by doubt or uncertainty. I don't have regrets or remorse about my past. There isn't a place on Earth I can't go and not feel comfortable. I can look the world in the eye and not feel less than or better than anyone. I have a feeling of peace and calmness. I'm not reliant on the actions or opinions of others for my happiness. I have a powerful, deep feeling of gratitude and desire to be helpful to others.

When I got sober, all I wanted was to quit drinking and get my life back. What happened was a completely new life

THat's how I feel since I adopted my new sober attitude of gratitude. I am responsible for my own happiness, it comes from within and only I can put it there. I can choose to be miserable or I can choose to be happy. Now that I'm sane again I choose to be happy.