View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 07:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

Relapse - I hate that word

Saturday nite, I'm at a restuarant eating, I get a phone call from my daughter - I could tell something was wrong, that she had been crying - her voice was just so different, so heavy with emotions.

My first thought was something had happened to my ex, her dad - but it wasn't that - it was her - she had taken some pills the nite before - She had RELAPSED. She was calling to be honest with ME about what had happened.

I absolutely HATE the word relapse - it carries so much potential for devastation - I know there is always the positive for people learning from relapses, things happen for a reason, and blah, blah, blah ~

But to be honest - relapse just scares the heck out of me.

She had 19 months of sobriety - just a little less than what her dad had when he relapsed ~ he kept saying he was back on track too, but he never was ~

Oh Dear God, please don't let the same happen to her. . .

so I told her i hated it happened, that I believed she could learn from anything that happened in her life, that I loved her unconditionally and that she didn't throw away 19 months because she still had all that she had learned in the 19 months and she was still with us to keep growing and learning as long as she was willing . . .

One Day at a Time

So today, I keep on breathing, praying and stay on my side of the street. Praying, hoping and trying very hard not to be scared out of my mind . . .

One Day at a Time

PINK HUGS to all,
Rita