View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 01:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kassie2

There ought to be D 101 with an A spouse

There ought to be a sticky on how to divorce an A spouse. I did not originally want this but it is evident that we can not work things out. He filed for an uncontested D but forgot that we have marital property in common that has to be identified on the paperwork and designated to whom it goes. He is refusing to do this and has been verbally abusive and threatening not to go through with the D. It has been a roller coaster for me. He will not talk to me - he will rant, curse, and threaten and then hang up... or send a nasty email. I cannot believe that after 10 months of NC this is how he behaves.

He is the one who has been asking for a D and has filed but the final papers will not be signed unless he changes them. He seems to be ok with this... the loss of expenses to file etc and now he wants to give up?... it is driving me nuts! I have managed to remain calm until today when I just want to scream! I don't get it.

How do you gain cooperation from an A? I know that is an oxymoron but just putting it out there.