View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 10:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
danjhoff

Unhappy Fiance of alcoholic

Hello folks. I am a fiance of an alcoholic. We have been living together for a year and are looking to a spring wedding.
Every 2 or 3 days she will drink 2 to 3 bottles of wine, 12 to 18 bottles of beer, many margaritas or a combination thereof. She starts drinking late afternoon and will do so until about 4am. Typically phoning friends and family all night and if they don't play along, she tries to wake me up with provoking statements, attempting to instigate a fight. I often repair to a guest bedroom and lock the door, trying to isolate myself from the abuse. I treat her like a gentleman all day, making breakfast in bed for her, cleaning house and catering to her needs. When she is drinking she paints me as a liar, abuser and philanderer as she talks to 'friends' on the phone.
Lately she has been driving to the convenience store to buy more beer. twice i had to call 911 and report her driving very drunk. Several times she has called the police and falsely reported that i abused her. three times i ended up in jail.
I have tried with her true friends to get her to get help. all backfired with months of retribution.
Last night i retired only to have her wake me (12:30am) demanding my phone because her cell battery was dead. I switched batteries with her and went back to bed. She then started a tirade claiming i had something to hide. She then called friends, help lines and the cell company making outragious claims against me. About 1:30am i went to the guest room and locked the door. The office door was closed and because the old lock was jammed she thought i was in there. She demanded i let her in. Because i was in another part of the house i didn't respond. I woke this morning to discover the office door was battered down with a block of fire wood. She continues to blame me and said she will batter any door down in the house if i try to hide from her again.
She said she will lie to the police to have me taken away.
i am so tired and frightened.