View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 03:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Babyblue

'All me all the time'

The RABF has been in contact with me a few times from long term rehab. Last week he was down, this week he is riding that pink fluffy cloud over the land of gumdrops and lemonade streams.

I'm glad he is doing better but I don't know how much of this Peter Pan stuff I can stand without puking! I know it is part of the process, feeling elated that he is finally NOT feeling like crap all the time. I am glad for that but he was also very self absorbed. I think I told him about a tough situation I had earlier in the week and his response was sort of like "oh glad you are feeling better.. I'm doing better too.. and me me me me me me."

At what point will he be less 'selfish' sounding? I know he has to focus on himself. That IS recovery. But I feel a bit invisible in this process. I know he appreciates me but being taken for granted is something that I am very sensitive to. Esp after really being his rock. Well this rock also has needs.

Here is a guy who clearly can't meet them right now and I know that but when does that selfish portion of addiction/recovery start to soften a bit?