Old 11-04-2010, 12:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
CoffeeLover

Pelican~ Thanks for your post. You did summarize my background corrrectly. I do know that I didn't cause his alcoholism and I know that I can't control his alcoholism. I guess my week point is that I still try to cure or help him find a cure for his alcoholism. I know that I need to let him figure this out for himself. I also know that if he can do this all on his own then this will go a long way for rebuilding his self esteem / self image. I do want to start focusing on myself and my children. It would just be easier if I knew that AH was on the right path.

I did finally get a call from the treatment center that he is currently at. After spending a bit of time with the medical staff and medical director they have determined that he should not remain at their facility. They do feel that he has a co-occuring disorder that needs to be treated simultaneously, even though it is not an current issue. They are keeping him there until Monday b/c they do feel that he needs Detox. They are also trying to find a place for him to go come Monday b/c they do know that he needs to go directly to another treatment center. It is just amazing to me that there are not many places that treat co-occuring disorders. We live in NC and they mentioned one place in NC, one in Tennessee and one in Mississippi that they were looking into to. I would think that dual diagnosis would be much more common among alcoholics. I am glad that they are working on lining something up for him, but my concern is the financial piece and they seem to be leaving that out of the equation.

I didn't get that warm bath last night, but I am going to try to make that happen tonight.