Old 11-03-2010, 06:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CoffeeLover

My stomach is so sick. This has been the worst day!

After a major binge this weekend my AH decided that he needed Rehab treatment and couldn't fight this on his own anymore. We spent nearly two days trying to figure out where was the best place for him. My AH was so scared and depressed and kept being turned at places for various reasons (no beds, you have insurance and can go somewhere better, etc...). This was very discouraging to us. Then finally we found a great place and one that was recommended by many in his AA group. We had an appointment for admission for today at Noon, so we drove the hour and half. We went through admissions for close to 3 hours. They finally told me that he was admitted and that I could leave. The drive home was very emotional. I was scared and sad, but at the sametime there was a bit of relief. Shortly after i get home I get a call from AH and he informs me that he can't stay. He is of course devastated and I am devastated. I had to fill out lots and lots of paperwork that basically told my side of the story regarding AH. I basically wrote a book and at some point I mentioned that AH has low self esteem issues and gave a few examples. One of the examples was that he suffered in the past with an eating disorder. So anyways...they claim they don't treat co-occuring disorders and therefore can't keep him. I explain that this eating disorder is no longer of concern and has been years since it happened. He stopped this on his own and never required any medical intervention. Therefore, how could this be considered a co-occuring disorder??? The nurse was going to re-discuss this with the medical director and call me back so I am still waiting.

I can't possibly imagine having to go pick him up. AH will absolutely be crushed, discouraged, and I am scared as to what this will lead to. Also, it doesn't help that the nurse told me that they recommended a rehab in Mississippi (we live in NC). How can there not be any place in NC that can treat him?