View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 02:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Spirit08
AAudrey

Great topic! Thank you!

I have had the same experience and then some. I fired my sponsor last summer because I was in North Carolina and she had no time for me when I called, all alone in a strange place. Subsequently, I explained this to her. She made time for me. We began working the steps intensively. This summer, she went to bury a sponsee and stayed away for three months. We talked frequently, however. Upon her return, she wanted me to continue sponsoring her sponsee. I was "filling in" for her and doing her a favor according to her. She was trying to manipulate me into being someone's sponsor who never asked me. In addition, my Monday time slot was all but forgotton by her and so were her workshops during her absence. She has AT LEAST 30 sponsees.

Her sponsor is a man, he was sponsored by Barney, who was sponsored by Clancy, who was sponsored by Dr. Bob. It's a great sponsorship, However, She sponsors men too and what feels like every newcomer that comes around!

Am very disappointed to tell you I moved on. I have a different sponsor now who has just me. She is very knowledgeable in the steps. It's still very hard to leave my sponsor because we were so close.

Wow, I could go on and on.

She helped me so much. She and I moved mountains together. And you know what, I'm so glad I moved on. It was time. I cannot live in 1,2 and 3 and 10, 11 and 12 anymore! I have surrendered to doing the steps in order! In addition, I am now open to the idea of therapy, Al Anon, ACOA (which I found on this site!!) and have sought treatment for my mental health.

It did not end well.

In any event, I suggest you be honest. Pray for the words and they will come. He may rise to the occassion.

Move on only when you feel strong enough to do so and get a good network going.

Thanks for allowing me to share my ES&H!

Best,