View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 08:39 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

If nothing else D, setbacks like this show us just how powerless we are over alcohol and how powerless we are regarding our alcoholism. We cannot think ourselves or learn ourselves, or meeting ourselves into right thinking. We have to act ourselves into right thinking. I only say this because, if you look back, maybe there was some action you were taking that you let up on. Relapse usually starts well befor the actual drink hits our lips. While "she" may have been the straw that broke the camel's back, maybe hyoid relapse started before she came into the picture.

If that's what happened, yer in luck. One of the more important promises will be true for you ...... that your problems are of YOUR OWN making. That's a good thing because if it was "her" or "them" or "that issue" that causes the relapse, you'll have to spend the rest of your life avoiding all those "triggers" or you'll keep ending up drunk. If the relapse was YOUR fault, then all u have to do is fix u.....and since yer already aware...you can't fix you. Best of all, Someone/Thing can.....so this relapse is a blessing in that it can bring u closer to that Power.

I get that it seeeeems like "she" had something to do with it but I don't buy it. If we're in fit spiritual condition we can be in allsorts of situations like that yet we react sanely and rationally.