View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 07:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
keepinon

Ok so this therapist says to look at my feelings like a block of ice..hard and cold..I've stuffed.been in survival mode...but now the ice is melting and you have no way to know which way the drips will pool..i can wipe it up, let it run everywhere , or let it evaporate (which would be ignoring it) I am totally laughing as i write this . It sounds so stupid.Now my husband is asking me why I'm laughing..i read him what I wrote and he said..I hope Blank (the therapist) doesn't get on and read that. Omg....sometimes all I can do is laugh..
Seriously, though..I am not totally down with the analogy he gave.He did say that I am trying to understand the trauma, what happened , why I was treated the way I was etc. and that I think is true.he keeps saying I just need time, but I don't know cuz I'm pretty amazing at hanging on from stuff like 30 years ago..(please hold your applause..I realize it is an amazing talent many of you will be jealous of.)
If you can't tell I use humor to cope, but he seems to be one of the people that feels like sarcasm is a horrible coping mechanism upon the world. He's one of the few people I've ever met who has never laughed at anything I've ever said. SO anyways..I got all that going for me so try not to hateIcouldn't find one that said I ROCK, but use your imagination