Old 10-27-2010, 03:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Austinchica
I'm as bad as I want to be...

Ok, all my newfound growth is facing a major test.

He hasn't talked to me in over four months. All of a sudden he calls me today to say he feels really bad about the way he has been treating me and he wants to spend time talking to me and take me to lunch. I asked him if he was trying to serve me court papers lol. He said no, I would just like to hang out with you.
One part of me screams, " it is a trap, he sees that you have been backing off and living your life and he wants to suck you back in."
one part of me says, " Heck right, you have been treating me badly, now it is time for you to make it up to me and lunch is a good start. It can't hurt to go to lunch."
I do not know what to do, but just do not want to be hurt . I feel like we could be amicable and it might be nice to have him apologize.
What I the world am I thinking?
I felt so strong earlier, and planned for him to slowly fade away ..I did not think about him being nice to me anytime soon and had planned on having a few more months of al-anon under my belt before I would have to really interact with him.
I do not feel weak, or anxious, I am wondering if it is too early to meet him for lunch but I am uncomfortbale that I felt happy hearing that he wanted to apologize to me. Why now?
I just started being able to not react to his irresponsibility, what do I do with an apology. I kow that he is trying to work on the steps in AA and this might be a part of it.