Thread: Shame and Blame
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 06:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Floss

[QUOTE=chicory;2746331][QUOTE]
e

thank you, so much for posting this. i have at times been told here at sr that i am as sick as my as. that i am doing this to myself. those things made me feel shame, and did not help. the things that help are those kind individuals who offer a shoulder, and no criticism, but support and encouragement.

i hope that all could read this. it is so hard when your heart is broken and you dont know what to do next, for someone to basically try to force you to do what they think is right for you.

i know to take what i need and leave the rest, but sometimes, i fear posting , knowing that some may add to my pain. and who needs that?
If I did nothave this site, i dont know what i would do. it has made a very big difference in my situation, and is helping me.

thank you so much, for this.

hugs,
chicory

Hi Chicory, I'm glad the post helped and I hope your heart heals. I understand how badly a heart can break. My heart was so broken and I didn't know how to move on and friends couldn't understand why I wasn't letting go. One of the main things I got out of what I posted was acceptance. I needed to accept where I was and I was okay.

I understand the concept of take what I want and leave the rest, but it can be difficult to do so when I feel so vulnerable, so I totally understand where you're at with regard to your fear in posting. I've been the same...Sometimes I don't feel confident enough to post because I don't have enough recovery under my belt, I don't know what to say and I fear the replies (whoa, how's my self esteem?) I learnt something the other day. I was triggered so much by another thread (which was my reason for posting the shame/blame) and I needed to look within why I got so angry...who, when, what was it reminding me of? I don't know yet...actually I haven't allowed myself to discover it yet, but I will. Since then, and with a couple of helpful PM's from a fellow SR, I've decided I'll start writing, slowly but surely. And if I make a mistake on a post/reply, oh well, I'm only human. I agree, without this site, I don't know where I'd be either. It's here 24 hours a day too!

Nice to meet you Chicory... hugs back