View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 01:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
acdirito

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;" Proverbs 3:5

I have felt God's presence in my life and I know that He is still in control! I suffered vascular dementia from DEC 23rd 2009 until JAN 8th 2010, and almost died. There are no drugs currently approved by the FDA to treat it. I was told that on JAN 7th a minister prayed with my husband and me. On the following day, JAN 8th, I came back into reality. The doctors had no scientific explanation as to why this happened. The only explanation it can be is by the Grace of God! On May 16th 1995, my 23 year old daughter completed suicide. It took me ten years, and two hospitalization for my grief, and subsequent, major depression before I was able to accept my daughter's completed suicide. I was prescribed anti-depressants and sleeping pills. It wasn't the hospitalization or the medication that helped me to reach acceptance of my daughter's death. It was by the grace of God! One Sunday morning during church I went forward and had the minister pray with me for my acceptance. I felt the grief being released from my body during that prayer. I now can accept the fact my daughter is in heaven with our Heavenly Father. In fact, our Heavenly Father answered my prayers and gave me exactly what I was asking for. I kept asking God to keep my daughter safe and out of harm's way. She is at peace, away from all the evil here on earth, and if I had an option, I wouldn't ask her to come back to earth and away from the joys of heaven.

I hope you can find the peace and hope that our Heavenly Father has in store for you!

:day6

God doesn't close one door without opening a better one......BUT......we've got to get our fingers out of the closing door. The reason you're in pain is because you have your fingers in a door God is trying to close.