Old 10-24-2010, 12:52 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Angelic17

Keepinon, You have come a long way. Your absolutely right about your daughter respecting you and your husband. I totally agree with you 100%. What I was trying to say, is that she isn't capable of realizing all of this yet. It might be to soon, but the way your handling the situation is good. This kind of consequence towards her lack of respect is good. It's the right thing to do. For her to give you the common courtesy of a phone call is not alot for you to ask for. If she sees your not going to be there for her if she doesn't call, that might be just what it takes for her to wake up to the fact that life isn't all about her. Your a very strong woman, and I have to admit, I am proud of you. I am keeping in mind that she is only 18 years old, and that's a selfish age in itself. Addiction is a selfish disease. I hope and pray that your daughter really gets it and stays well. You are remarkable. You have the right attitude, and not allowing her to step on you over and over again is the right thing to do. Hooray for you.